Spay Natchitoches ProgramIt is a hard truth, but here in Natchitoches we have an overpopulation of cats and dogs!
Natchitoches Humane Society tries to save all that we can by finding homes for our animals, transporting them to other parts of the country that have a need for more pets, and housing as many at the Happy Tails shelter as we can, but our system cannot keep up with the current volume and intake of animals at local animal control, where strays have 7 days after adoption is posted on their facebook page and there is no time requirement if an owner surrenders an animal.
What we do:
- All of our animals are spayed or neutered before adoption.
- We provide spay or neuter discount vouchers per month to Natchitoches residents in need as long as the Spay Natchitoches program has funding.
My pets are already spayed or neutered!
- That's great! Are you interested in donating to this program to help others? Click here to donate and in the note section please say "Spay Natchitoches", every little bit helps!
- Encourage your friends, family, and neighbors to get their animals spayed or neutered, and let them know about this program if they need it!
- Want to help the stray or feral cats in your area? Read through this resource from Alley Cat Allies and contact us, especially if you would like to head up this initiative!
- Keep an eye out for any animal welfare issues, unauthorized breeders, etc. see the Animal Welfare page for more information on how to report!
- Share our posts to increase visibility of these awesome animals who have already been spayed and neutered!
My pet needs to get "fixed" and I would like to get a coupon voucher from Natchitoches Humane Society!
Filling out this application does not guarantee you a spay/ neuter.
- To apply online, please fill out the application at the bottom of this page completely, and submit. A paper version can be found here.
- Applications for next month's vouchers must be received no later than the 20th of the month prior to the one you are applying for.
- Selected recipients will be notified by a member of the Natchitoches Humane Society no later than the 5th of the month the voucher is awarded for, and will be valid for 1 month.
- Example: if you would like to apply for a December voucher, you must get your application to us no later than November 20th and you will be notified if you have been selected by December 5th.
- IF your application is not chosen for the month it was filled out for, please re-apply for the following month, as you may not have been chosen only because five (5) vouchers were already issued for this particular month. In order to be considered for next month you MUST submit another application. This is to ensure we are only considering those that still need & qualify for a voucher.
- If you are unable to use your voucher within the 30 days it is valid, please let us know as soon as possible so we may re-issue it to someone else. You will be eligible to re-apply, however you are not guaranteed to be selected again.
The voucher is a coupon/discount, depending on the vet, you will pay a portion of the balance, usually it will be under $100. Think of that as a donation to our community, and it means you will not have to worry about finding homes for your pet's offspring!
These vouchers are valid for dogs and cats only.
If your application is not chosen the month it was filled out, please re-apply next month, as you may not have been chosen only because all vouchers were already issued for this particular month. In order to be considered for a new month you MUST submit another application.
If your application is chosen you MUST staple a copy of your driver's license/photo ID to the voucher when submitted to the vet's office or it will be null and void.